Friday, February 19, 2016

MTC Email #4

It both feels as though I've been here for an eternity and a day. It feels like I just got here, but time has been lazily drifting by. I've been learning a lot, although mostly spiritually as opposed to Japanese. So far, I've known most everything they've taught us in Japanese, but they are catching up fast.

The senpai left, which saddens me. They were a lot of fun to hang out with, and you could ask them anything. They left us a ton of stuff.  The inheritance turned out to be about 6 boxes of stuff. Had everything from stress balls to the 'Small Plates of 6A'(A collection of whiteboards they did random stuff to and stuck together in a stack) to some of the white powdered donuts you can find in grocery stores from 2002. Needless to say, we didn't eat them. To their credit though, they look brand new. We spent about 2 hours sifting through all of it, and then put what we didn't want to use under the beds. When we are the senpai for another group of missionaries, I am going
to make sure we give it to them early. I want to be around when they see it so I can photograph their shock.

In other news, I got sick on Sunday. That sucked. One of the other missionaries got sick and accidentally passed it on to me. So, on Sunday, I looked like, behaved like, and thought like a zombie. Anyway, I'm all better now, except for a lingering cough, and all is looking great! I love you all!

----------------------------------------------------
Elder Harper
"Failure is simply the fuel for success"

No comments :

Post a Comment